Sat07Apr20182:30 pm - 5:00 pmBMO Forum, Haskayne School of Business, University of CalgaryShow details
CCCA Innovation & Entrepreneurship Roadshow (CCCA Roadshow) was well received in the Calgary Chinese community since its debut in 2017. It is a platform for entrepreneurs across Western Canada to showcase their business ideas. The event has draw attention from different sectors in Calgary.
In 2018, CCCA will bring you an enhanced Roadshow program. CCCA is collaborating with University of Calgary Haskayne School of Business to achieve the goal of merging the university resource with the demand from entrepreneurs and beyond. With more involvements from professional business sector and younger generation for the 2018 CCCA Roadshow, the program will be more vibrant and can add more values to local businesses.
CCCA Roadshow becomes a hub for local entrepreneurs. During the program, CCCA will invite experts with legal, accounting, marketing, and technical background to provide professional training and coaching to help entrepreneurs shape their business ideas, optimize their business plans, and improve their roadshow presentation skills. 2018 CCCA Roadshow will evolve into a diversified and multicultural event. An additional feature of the event is that, the finale winner will receive the grand prize of $2,018.
CCCA Roadshow is a series events throughout the year. The finale is scheduled to be held in September 2018. The advertising campaign in March attracted over 3000 readings within a week. CCCA Roadshow continues to call for participants, partners and sponsors.
Please join us on April 7, 2018 for the CCCA Innovation & Entrepreneurship Roadshow Opening Ceremony. Detail agenda will be released soon.
Venue: BMO Forum, 3rd floor of Scurfield Hall, Haskayne School of Business, 2500 University Dr NW, Calgary
Date: April 7, 2018 2:30-5:00pm
The opening ceremony guests include incubating industry specialists, local and overseas venture capital funds managers, CCCA members and all roadshow participants. Among our honourable guests are representatives from the Consulate General of People’s Republic of China in Calgary and senior managements from Chinese companies and their oversea branches. A strong endorsement from China brings extra benefit in connecting the local business with China’s market and Chinese investment community.
- 2:30-3:00 Registration
- 3:00-3:35 Opening Remarks
- Andy Wu – President of CCCA
- Lu Xu - Consul general of General Consulate of People’s Republic of China in Calgary
- Dr. Michael Robinson – Director of CDL Rockies, Haskayne School of Business
- Le Bo – CEO of Persta Resources Inc.
- Jason Luan – Former MLA
- Jun Lin – Candidate for City Council
- 3:35-4:30 Keynote Speaking
- Block Chain – Terry Ross (Research and entrepreneurship specialist, Schulich School of Engineering at University of Calgary)
- Venture story sharing - David Lloyd (CEO and Co-Founder FREDsense Technologies)
4:30-5:00 Mix and Mingle
Light refreshment will be served at the ceremony. Free admission to CCCA business members. Individual member can buy ticket at member price of $10. Regular ticket $20.
- Active CCCA business members: Free (limit: 1), $10 for additional tickets (limit: 4). Please contact us at email@example.com to confirm your membership status and acquire your ticket. Quantity limited, first come first serve.
- Active CCCA general members: $10 (limit: 4). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your membership status and acquire payment method/discount code. Quantity limited, first come first serve.
- Welcome joining CCCA to receive member benefits.
- Non CCCA member: $20, ticket purchase link, or pay via e-Transfer®
Sat07Apr20182:30 pm - 5:00 pmBMO Forum, Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary
Sat28Apr201812:30 pm - 2:30 pmATB Entrepreneur Centre, 1110 17 AVE SW, CalgaryShow details
CCCA Innovation & Entrepreneurship Roadshow (CCCA Roadshow) is a well received project in the Calgary Chinese community since its debut in 2017. It is a platform for ventures across Western Canada.
2018 marked the second year of the Roadshow program. CCCA is collaborating with local business school to achieve the goal of merging the university resource with the demand from the Chinese community and beyond. We encourage and welcome all ventures to participate in the Roadshow. Roadshow is a series of events offering training workshops (April 28, 2018 & June 23, 2018) , preliminary competition (August 18, 2018) and finale (September 15, 2018) . The program has attracted outstanding sponsors from various industry sectors. Finale winner will have the chance to win the cash prize of $2,018.
On April 28, 2018, CCCA Bring to you the business plan workshop. Our keynote speaker is Matt Jones, CFA.
Matt is the Director (on leave) of Whitehorn Merchant Capital Incorporation. He is an investment banker with a strong finance and business background. He holds the CFA designation (Chartered Financial Analyst). Matt has spent the last 8 years helping Alberta based businesses with complex multi-million-dollar transactions. He has extensive experience in a variety of industries including manufacturing, professional services, oil and gas services and construction. Topics to cover: Raising Capital, Merger & Acquisition, Divestitures and Management Buyouts & ESOPs.
Matt is currently seeking the United Conservative Party nomination candidate for Calgary-SE (Mahogany, Cranston and Auburn Bay). Increasingly concerned with the direction Alberta is heading both economically and socially, Matt has put his career on hold to use his skills and experience to build a better future for all Albertans. He believes we need more qualified MLAs to return Alberta to prosperity.
Refreshment will be provided at the event. Free admission to CCCA business members. General member can buy ticket at member price of $5. Regular ticket $15.
- Active CCCA business members: Free (limit: 1), $5 for additional tickets (limit: 1). Please contact us at email@example.com to confirm your membership status and acquire your ticket. Quantity limited, first come first serve.
- Active CCCA general members: $5 (limit: 2). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your membership status and acquire payment method/discount code. Quantity limited, first come first serve.
- Welcome joining CCCA to receive member benefits.
- Non CCCA member: $15, ticket purchase link, or pay via e-Transfer®
Sat23Jun20181:30 pm - 4:00 pmSilver Springs Golf & Country Club, 1600 Varsity Estates Drive Northwest
About the Event:
The business valuation workshop is one of the series events of 2018 CCCA Innovation & Entrepreneurship Roadshow.
Business valuation is one of the most important concepts in finance. Every business owner should know something about valuation. This event will cover the topic of pre-revenue valuation and post-revenue valuation. It offers perspective to early stage ventures as well as established business owners/
About the Speaker:
Jordan Martel is the senior vice president of Sequeira Partners Inc. Jordan has over 12 years of client advisory experience in corporate valuations, financial opinions, fair value for IFRS and US GAAP, tax valuations, estate planning, buy/sell arrangements, corporate value disputes, and financial/corporate strategy and technology consulting.
Jordan’s experience in Canada and the United States, coupled with his broad knowledge across many industries, provides a trusted, credible, and independent opinion on complex valuation issues.
Prior to joining Sequeira Partners, Jordan sourced, managed, and executed valuation assignments for a Big Four accounting firm in Calgary, Alberta. He also delivered financial opinions and valuations with a publicly-traded boutique investment bank in Dallas, Texas.
- Chartered Business Valuator
- Senior Accredited Member of the American Society of Appraisers in Business Valuation
- Masters of Business Administration, McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin
- Bachelors of Business Administration, McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin
- Active CCCA members: $15 (limit: 1). Please contact us at email@example.com to confirm your membership status and acquire your ticket. Quantity limited, first come first serve. Welcome joining CCCA to receive member benefits.
- Non CCCA member: $25, ticket purchase via Eventbrite, or pay via e-Transfer®
Fri17Aug20182:30pm - 7:00pmSuite 2700, 707 5 Street SW, Calgary AB T2P 1V8Show details
2018 marked the second year of Western Canada Innovation & Entrepreneurship Roadshow organizes by Canada China Commercial Association.(CCCA). We have seen more community involvement and a stronger candidate profile. After a series training and info. sessions for the past few months, now we are at the final phase of the Roadshow program, pitching competition.
During the competition, 8 wining teams from last qualifying competition will pitch. Each team has 8 minutes pitching time and 4 minutes feedback & question time. Mark will be released right after event. 4 teams would win the ticket to the final competition scheduled on September 15, 2018.
August 17, 2018 (Friday)
- 3:30 pm - 4:00 pm: Opening remarks
- 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm: Pitching
- 5:00 pm - 5:15 pm: Intermission
- 5:15 pm - 6:15 pm: Pitching
- 6:15 pm - 7:00 pm: Dinner
Suite 2700, 707 5 Street SW, Calgary, AB T2P 1V8
PetroChina Canada Head Office
CCCA members, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to get your discount code.
Details to be announced.