Xi’an Jiaotong University (XJTU) is a key university directly administered by the Chinese Ministry of Education and is one of the oldest higher education institutions in China. Currently Xi’an Jiaotong University is a comprehensive research university with scientific focus, comprising 10 branches of learning: science, engineering, medicine, economics, management, humanities, law, philosophy, education and art etc.
Silk Road International Symposium for Distinguished Young Scholars (SRIS, 20th-22nd December, 2015, Xi’an) vows to engage distinguished young scholars both from home and abroad in hot issues in the forefront of international scholarly community as well as in individual and career elevation and development and eventually build a platform for in-depth understanding and academic exchanges.
SRIS comprises 1 keynote session and 8 parallel sessions. Keynote speakers will be invited for presentations on the keynote session.
The parallel sessions will gather young scholars for academic exchanges in the following areas:
(1) Energy & Environment Parallel Session
Targeting disciplines: Power Engineering and Engineering Thermophysics, Nuclear Science and Technology, Environmental Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Technology, Civil Engineering, Architecture, Urban and Rural Planning etc.
(2) Mechanics, Aerospace & Materials Parallel Session
Targeting disciplines: Mechanical Engineering, Instrument Science and Technology, Mechanics, Aeronautical and Astronautical Science and Technology, Materials Science and Engineering etc.
(3) Electronics & Information Parallel Session
Targeting disciplines: Electronics Science and Technology, Information and Communication Engineering, Control Science and Engineering, Computer Science and Technology, Software Engineering etc.
(4) Medicine & Life Sciences Parallel Session
Targeting disciplines: Basic Medicine, Clinical Medicine, Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Pharmaceutical Science, Stomatology, Chinese and Western Integrative Medicine, Nursing, Biology, Biomedical Engineering etc.
(5) Humanities & Social Science Parallel Session
Targeting disciplines: Philosophy, Marxist Theory, Law, Sociology, Education, Physical Education, Foreign Languages and Literature, Journalism and Communication, Design etc.
(6) Management & Economics Parallel Session
Targeting disciplines: Management Science and Engineering, Business Administration, Public Administration, Applied Economics, Theoretical Economics etc.
(7) Mathematics Parallel Session
Targeting disciplines: Mathematics, Statistics etc.
(8) Physics & Chemistry Parallel Session
Targeting disciplines: Physics, Chemistry etc.
2. Requirements for applicants
(1) Applicants should hold a Ph.D. degree at the age of under 40. Applicants should also be dedicated to research, law abiding and ethical.
(2) The applicants should demonstrate outstanding academic accomplishments in a given field as well as make peer prominence and earn recognition in the scholarly community.
(3) The applicants should have a broad academic vision and innovative thinking with enormous potential of future leadership in a given field.
Option 1: Applicants could log on to SRIS website at http://sris.xjtu.edu.cn for online registration and uploading his/her curriculum vitae (CV).
The CV should include: Personal information, Research interests, Academic achievements, and other information deemed necessary by the applicants.
Option 2: Applicants could simply email his/her CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. SRIS Secretariat will help to complete the on-line registration.
Application Deadline for SRIS 2015: 10th December, 2015.
(1) 20th December (Sun), All-day, Registration
(2) 21st December (Mon), Morning, Keynote Session
(3) 21st December (Mon), Afternoon, Parallel Sessions
(4) 22nd December (Tue), All day, Meeting with the respective school leaders/distinguished professors, Lab visits
SRIS charges no registration fees. Domestic or international round-trip flight and/or railway tickets will be reimbursed. Accommodation and catering during the symposium will be arranged accordingly.
XJTU will arrange for airport/railway station transportation during the conference.
For further information about SRIS, please contact the secretariat by email email@example.com or via phone at +86 29 8266 6336.