This is the first CCCA member meetup in 2018. We are planning to provide more socialization opportunities to our members in 2018, helping our members to get to know each other and create business potentials.
In addition, as we are in the tax season, CCCA invited tax expert to present you with tax related information, helping you to better prepared for the tax season.
Topics to be presented (in Chinese):
- General tax planning strategies
- Tax deferral
- Maximizing after-tax income
- Tax deferral for small business
- Income sprinkling to maximize after-tax income
- Active business income
- Investment income (e.g. rental and capital gains)
- Holding company
- General tax advantages
- Holdco in business acquisition (e.g. asserts value bump-up & preserve PUC)
- Non-residents earning income from Canada
- Tax implications for corporation (i.e. sub, P/E, offshore)
- Tax implications for individual
- Income stripping
- Real estate investments in Canada
- Alternative structures (i.e. individual, corporation, partnership)
- Tax-deferred transfers
- Tax issues for non-resident investors (i.e. principal residence, withholding taxes, obligations of filing etc.)
- Estate freezes
- Process and procedures
Presenter: Kevin Meng, CPA, CA
Kevin has more than 25 years of accounting, auditing and tax experiences.
Kevin moved to Canada in 2002 after working in China for ten years as a CPA. Then he obtained an accounting bachelor degree from Concordia University in Montreal, and moved to Calgary in 2006 and become a Chartered Accountant in 2010.
Kevin completed CPA Canada’s 3 years In-Depth Tax program in 2017.
Kevin is also a Certified Public Accountant (“CPA”) in China and is proficient with both Canadian and Chinese GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”).
Friday, March 16, 2018
- 5:30 – 6:30: Registration, Light meal, Member socialization
- 6:30 – 8:00: Tax Seminar
- 8:00 – 8:30: Q&A
- 8:30 – 9:30: Member socialization
Cost (Light meal included):
- Active CCCA members: Free. Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm your member status and obtain ticket. Welcome joining CCCA to receive member benefit
- Non CCCA members: $15, ticket purchase link, or pay via e-Transfer®