Intellectual Property Overview & Strategy
Dr. Morgan Guo
Morgan is an Innovation Manager, Medical & Life Sciences, at Innovate Calgary. She works with University of Calgary researchers to manage intellectual property and commercialization of new discoveries in agricultural and life sciences.
Expertise and background:
- PhD., Physiological and Molecular Biology, University of Illinois
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
- Industry Liaison Manager, University of Lethbridge
- Breeding and Logistic Specialist, Monsanto
Pitching Skill Training for Entrepreneurs
Dr. Oleksiy Osiyevskyy
Dr. Oleksiy Osiyevskyy is an Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary. In his scholarship, Oleksiy concentrates on the problem of achieving and sustaining firm growth through successfully engaging in entrepreneurial strategies. Particular areas of expertise include analyzing and designing innovative business models, improving the efficiency and effectiveness of corporate innovation practices, and evidence-based strategies for developing high-growth new ventures.
Dr. Osiyevskyy’s scholarly achievements were recognized with the prestigious Canadian Izaak Killam Memorial Scholarship (during his Ph.D. studies), and numerous awards from the United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship. Moreover, his research was included in the list of ‘research projects taking place at Canadian universities that teach important lessons for today’s business leaders’ by the Canadian Business Magazine. Before joining Haskayne School of Business, he was an Assistant Professor in the Entrepreneurship & Innovation Group of the D’Amore-McKim School of Business, Northeastern University (Boston), from 2014 till 2017.
- Active CCCA business members: 2 free tickets, $20 for additional ticket. Please contact us at email@example.com to confirm your membership status and acquire your ticket. Quantity limited, first come first serve.
- Active CCCA general members: $10 for first ticket, $20 for additional ticket. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your membership status and acquire your ticket. Quantity limited, first come first serve. Welcome joining CCCA to receive member benefits.
- Non CCCA member: $20, ticket purchase link, or pay via e-Transfer®
- Recipient email: email@example.com
- Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to provide detail information (name and email) for ticket issuing.