Sat16Nov20191 PM - 4 PMCrowsnest Hall, University of Calgary, 250 Collegiate Blvd NW, Calgary, AB T2N 5A6
Wills and Estate Planning Workshop
Kathy Zhang, founder and lawyer of the Weninger Zhang law firm, will discuss the importance of basic estate planning, including preparing a will, enduring power of attorney, and personal directive. Kathy will explain why having proper legal advice is essential in this process. In addition, Kathy will go over property that ordinarily doesn't form part of an estate, such as joint property, and investments and insurance policies with beneficiary designations. As well, Kathy will talk about the importance of succession planning in a family business and review some basic tax considerations in estate planning. At last, Kathy will discuss issues relating to your assets in China.
Sherry Wong, certified financial planner (CFP) from IG Wealth Management, will discuss the tax liabilities at death, tax minimization, estate by-pass, fair and equitable estate distribution, trusts within the will and other related issues.
- Active CCCA business members: 2 free tickets, $10 for additional ticket. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your membership status and acquire your ticket. Quantity limited, first come first serve.
- Active CCCA general members: 1 free ticket, $10 for additional ticket. Please contact us at email@example.com to confirm your membership status and acquire your ticket. Quantity limited, first come first serve. Welcome joining CCCA to receive member benefits.
- Non CCCA member: $10, ticket purchase link, or pay via e-Transfer®
- Recipient email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please email: email@example.com to provide detail information (name and email) for ticket issuing.