Canada China Commercial Association (CCCA) proudly presents the 2017 Western Canada Innovation and Entrepreneurship Roadshow (“The Roadshow”).
The Roadshow is to provide a platform for entrepreneurs to present their business ideas and to connect with potential investors, mentors and partners. The Roadshow’s goal is to educate, promote and sponsor entrepreneurs in western Canada.
After the success of opening ceremony, we received endorsements and support from Alberta Climate Change Office, Peking University – College of Engineering, Institute of Clean Energy (ICE) of Peking University. They became the support institutes. We sincerely appreciate those institutes and other local business sponsors. Their support not only encourages entrepreneurs, but also the volunteers.
Opening Ceremony – May 18, 2017:
CCCA hosted the Opening Ceremony of the Roadshow on May 18, 2017 at Science Theatre in University of Calgary. With more than 130 participants, it was a great opportunity to meet panel speakers consisting of successful entrepreneurs and industry experts, mingle with other entrepreneurs, financial service providers, potential investors and professionals.
- Experience sharing from entrepreneurs
- Presentations / Q&A sessions from lawyer and financial institute
- Professionals and industry experts social exchange
- How to write a Business Plan
- Presentation: Intellectual Property in Canada
- How to value your business
- How make initial market analysis
October 24 (Not open to public):
- Roadshow preliminary competition
December 3 :
- Roadshow finale
- Founder or primary team member
- Company registered in Canada (or in the process of registering)
- Business with innovative technologies, creative ideas or creative business model
- Complete registration ($100), (Free participation of all events of the Roadshow)
- Participate in training sessions with topics on business plan writing, financial projections, taxation planning, marketing researches and technical evaluation etc.
- Access to mentors in related industry and one to one feedback session with seasoned mentor.
- Networking opportunities with government agent, financial service providers, successful entrepreneurs, potential investors and business partners.
- Opportunity to win the prize of $1,688
If you are interested in participating in the Roadshow or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Sponsorship and Partnering:
CCCA also welcome sponsors and partners from all backgrounds to make The Roadshow successful. Your involvement and contribution will benefit our community in a profound way. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a sponsorship package.
Sponsors and Supporting Institutes
Cash Prize Sponsor:
- Alberta Climate Change Office
Investment Institution Support:
Research Institution Support:
- Peking University – College of Engineering
- Institute of Clean Energy (ICE), Peking University
- TsingHua Alumni Association of Calgary
- Zhejiang University Alumni of Calgary