Sat15Sep20181:30 PM – 5:00 PMThe Glencoe Club, 636 29 Avenue Southwest Calgary, AB T2S 0P1
2018 Western Canada Innovation & Entrepreneurship Roadshow Final Competition
Western Canada Innovation & Entrepreneurship Roadshow hosted by Canada China Commercial Association (CCCA) is a well received program in the Calgary Chinese community since its debut in 2017. It is a platform for ventures across Western Canada to showcase their business ideas and to connect with the investment community.
2018 marked the second year of the CCCA Roadshow program. Since its opening ceremony in April, 2018, CCCA Roadshow has organized a series events of workshops, seminars, mentoring sessions, focusing on business plan writing, business valuation. CCCA also hosted a special mini roadshow together with TusStar in June. The event was a great opportunity for ventures to interact with world class incubating specialists and venture capitalists.
After qualifying pitching competition and semi-final pitching competition, CCCA roadshow is ready to present to you the final pitching competition. We invite you to join us for celebrating the Entrepreneurship and cheer for ventures’ achievements.
On September 15, the final 4 ventures are to pitch at the finale. The award ceremony will be held at the same day.
Time: Sept 15 2018, 1:30 PM – 5:00 PM
- 1:30 pm - 2:00 pm Check in
- 2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Opening remarks
- 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm Competition
- 3:30 pm - 4:00 pm Keynote speech: Charity Callahan, Director of Partnership for SeedsCanada, President of ZenEarth Corp.
- 4:00 pm - 4:30 pm Award Ceremony
- 4:30 pm - 5:00 pm Business Mingling & closing remarks
Bio of the Keynote Speaker:
Director of Partnership for SeedsCanada
President of ZenEarth Corp.
Charity brings 20 years’ experience in leading global organizations and projects that commercialize and promote new products and new markets and helps customers incorporate bio-based cleaners and lubricants into their workplace. Zen Earth’s BioBlend products provide a sustainable replacement to toxic chemicals and lubricants used in industry. Charity grows the business in international markets, developing the relationships to ensure the quality of the products and service needed to manage risks and increase adoption of these new materials.
The final 4 ventures are:
- Innovated Greenhouse by Freshpal
- Ultra-wide Broadband seismic/Vibration Hardware by Symroc
- New Bio-degradable Plastic by Canada Alzer
- MWD/LWD Battery Management System by AvanTech
Each venture has 9 minutes to pitch and 6 minutes for Q&A. A judge panel made of venture capitalists, financial professionals, incubating training specialists, successful businessman is here to evaluate and provide feedback.
Thanks for the event venue sponsor: LEEF Living and gift sponsor: L'apres MIDI Pastry & Bakery. And many thanks to all the sponsors for 2018 CCCA roadshow. Your generosity and support help the community to thrive.
- Active CCCA business members: $28 (limit: 2). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your membership status and acquire payment method/discount code. Quantity limited, first come first serve.
- Active CCCA general members: $38 (limit: 2). Please contact us at email@example.com to confirm your membership status and acquire payment method/discount code. Quantity limited, first come first serve.
- Welcome joining CCCA to receive member benefits.
- Non CCCA member: $48, ticket purchase link, or pay via e-Transfer®