Fri05Apr20195:30 pm - 7:30 pmCentral Library Performance Hall
2019 Western Canada Innovation & Entrepreneurship Roadshow Opening Ceremony
Welcome to the 2019 Western Canada Innovation & Entrepreneurship Roadshow Opening Ceremony presented by Canada China Commercial Association
CCCA is going to launch the Roadshow program in 2019, which is the third year of this well received program.
Date: April 5, 2019
Time: 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Venue: Central Library Performance Hall
Building up on the success of 2017 and 2018, the CCCA Roadshow program will be further enhanced through our partnership with Innovate Calgary, Startup Calgary, Seedups Canada, Haskayne School of Business and other local leading organizations in the innovation and entrepreneurship (I&E) industry. With such a strong partnership, CCCA will offer more diversified business resources to the participating ventures. For the Roadshow opening ceremony, CCCA has invited guests from local and international innovation and entrepreneurship industry, with strong business, investment, industrial background.
Dr. Liming Liu
Dr. Liming Liu is the VP Surface Technology at Value Creation Inc. (VCI) since 2013. He has over 20 years of research and development experience in the oil industry. Since 2000, he plays a leading role in the development of VCI’s proprietary technologies. He served Sinopec, China in the 90s. Dr. Liu obtained his B.Sc. and M.Sc. from East China University of Science and Technology. He received his Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Alberta in 2000.
James Szarko serves as the Chief Executive Officer and President at Botaneco. His primary focus over the past 15 years has been that of leadership roles with companies which have a proprietary technology focusing on commercialization and growth. Involved as an investor, advisor, executive and board member, James has run the gamut of entrepreneurialism. James served as Chief Executive Officer, President and Director at SemBioSys Genetics Inc. He received his initial training with PricewaterhouseCoopers wherein he obtained his Chartered Accountant designation. This training also included an extended management posting in a developing market. James also possesses a business degree from the University of Lethbridge.
- Active CCCA business members: 2 free tickets, $10 for additional ticket. Please contact us at email@example.com to confirm your membership status and acquire your ticket. Quantity limited, first come first serve.
- Active CCCA general members: 1 free ticket, $10 for additional ticket. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your membership status and acquire your ticket. Quantity limited, first come first serve.
Welcome joining CCCA to receive member benefits.
- Non CCCA member: $10, ticket purchase link, or pay via e-Transfer®
- Recipient email: email@example.com
- Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to provide detail information (name and email) for ticket issuing.